- RSS Channel Showcase 2864034
- RSS Channel Showcase 2709728
- RSS Channel Showcase 4562479
- RSS Channel Showcase 4202036
Articles on this Page
- 09/24/14--08:10: _Podcast Challenge: ...
- 05/19/15--06:44: _Giblets: Bethesda s...
- 05/06/16--00:28: _The DOOM launch tra...
- 05/09/16--04:49: _Here are your syste...
- 05/09/16--07:22: _Bethesda’s DOOM run...
- 05/19/16--00:52: _Some guy has finish...
- 06/10/16--04:19: _Giblets: DOOM is ge...
- 08/05/16--02:00: _Doom: Unto the Evil...
- 09/09/16--01:51: _Doom is getting cus...
- 09/29/16--00:53: _Giblets: Doom’s bad...
- 10/28/16--02:20: _Lick people’s faces...
- 12/15/16--05:40: _You really need to ...
- 01/19/17--01:24: _Review: DOOM: The B...
- 02/02/17--00:37: _What would Doom loo...
- 07/20/17--05:12: _All DOOM DLC packs ...
- 09/14/17--03:11: _Doom and Wolfenstei...
- 11/16/17--00:05: _Doom on Nintendo Sw...
- 09/24/14--08:10: Podcast Challenge: Play DOOM II with mods and survive
- 05/19/15--06:44: Giblets: Bethesda shows a few seconds of Doom 4 gameplay
- 05/06/16--00:28: The DOOM launch trailer gets knee-deep in the dead
- 05/09/16--04:49: Here are your system requirements for DOOM
- 05/09/16--07:22: Bethesda’s DOOM runs pretty smoothly on the Vulkan API
- 05/19/16--00:52: Some guy has finished Doom on Ultra Nightmare
- 08/05/16--02:00: Doom: Unto the Evil DLC available right now, with sweet new trailer
- 09/09/16--01:51: Doom is getting custom games and Deathmatch this month
- 09/29/16--00:53: Giblets: Doom’s bad-ass soundtrack has finally been released
- 10/28/16--02:20: Lick people’s faces off as a Cacodemon in Doom’s Hell Followed DLC
- 12/15/16--05:40: You really need to watch this Doom documentary
- 01/19/17--01:24: Review: DOOM: The Board Game
- 02/02/17--00:37: What would Doom look like as an isometric shooter?
- 09/14/17--03:11: Doom and Wolfenstein II are confirmed kills for Nintendo Switch
- 11/16/17--00:05: Doom on Nintendo Switch review
I’d like to preface this Podcast Challenge handed to me by Delano with the following intro: Doom is a wonderful franchise that first found life on the PC and I wholly applaud id Software for helping to completely reinvent the shooter genre back in 1993 and lay the groundwork for the modern shooter (along with […]
The upcoming fourth entry in the Doom franchise (which appears to be titled simply Doom) looks set to be a real piece of work, if this mini-trailer by Bethesda is anything to go by. Sure, it’s just a teaser lasting a few seconds but holy cow, it’s intense. Bethesda plans on unveiling a full gameplay reveal at […]
Hello, 1993? It’s the new DOOM trailer calling. I’ve got your old school retro cool LOCKED AND LOADED IN MY LUDICROUSLY OVERSIZED GUN AND I’M TOTALLY NOT COMPENSATING FOR **** RAAAAARGH. Ahead of the reboot’s rebooting next week, id and Bethesda are dialling the hype-o-meter to super-mega-ultra-max with this guts ‘n’ gibs ‘n’ gores DOOM campaign trailer that […]
The word “DOOM” should be enough to convince you to buy the game, but Bethesda seems to have put more thought into its marketing campaign than that. The software publishing giant has been offering players beta previews, releasing fantastic trailers like this one, and generally hyping up the fact that we’ll once again be able […]
DOOM‘s been in the news a bit today, what with an impending launch happening on Friday the freakin’ thirteenth. DOOM is also a monster of a game, with a high cost of entry for playing the game at very high detail settings, and it’ll be graphically demanding and innovative at the same time. For those […]
What’s so impressive about that? Oh nothing, except that it’s the game’s super-mega hardest “Nightmare” difficulty with permadeath enabled. If you die, it’s game over. Just like real life. If real life were a demonic invasion at the office, anyway. So, basically, a Monday. YouTuber Zero Master has accomplished what not even Doom developers at id […]
DOOM‘s campaign has been a m-m-m-monster megahit, but the multiplayer – not so much. It’s not that it’s exactly bad, but cheaters and an inscrutable lack of admin tools and private match features have all but… doomed the game’s multiplayer into irrelevance. Anybody? No? Okay. Anyway, the team over at id Software is working on a solution. […]
That sneaky bunch over at Bethesda have gone and released Unto the Evil, Doom‘s first paid DLC, one day early. They’ve also released a trailer for the new multiplayer content. Unto the Evil was slated for release later today, but it seems Bethesda couldn’t wait any longer and launched the DLC at QuakeCon yesterday. The add-on includes new maps, a new […]
Who’s a happy Revenant? You are. Yes, you are. Look how happy he is, you guys. That is one happy Revenant, and it’s all because custom matches and Deathmatch are finally coming to Doom. Isn’t it, boy? Yes, it is. Now play dead. Play dead, boy. NO, THAT’S NOT WHAT I ME- The news comes […]
As I explained in the comments for Lord Dane’s review of the Doom reboot, I would have personally rated the game a 95 out of 100. I’d rate it that not because it’s an absolute blast to play, and a masterpiece of a reboot (though it totally is both those things), I’d give it 95 […]
Way back in August, Doom‘s first multiplayer-focused DLC Unto the Evil — which saw players use runes to become a devastating Harvester demon — was released. Well, the game’s second multiplayer DLC called Hell Followed was launched yesterday, and with it came a few hellish goodies. The pack includes three new maps, a new weapon, hack modules, armour, […]
This year’s revamped Doom is probably one of my favourite games ever made. It almost perfectly captured what made the original games so endearing, while still looking and feeling refreshingly new. The fast-paced combat, the ridiculousness, the self-awareness, and that soundtrack, man. So good. But it wasn’t always like that, reveals a new documentary by […]
I buy a fair amount of board games, and all of them are meticulously researched beforehand. Reviews read, videos viewed, forums frequented. I like to know exactly what I’m getting before I fork over my hard-earned Nelsons. Not this time. The most expensive game I own is also the only one I’ve ever bought while knowing nothing […]
Like that, probably. And totally rad. This what-if-only screenshot was created by Stasis and Cayne designer Chris Bischoff, whose Cape Town-based indie studio The Brotherhood is also busy with its new Kickstarter campaign for Beautiful Desolation, an old skool point-and-click adventure game set in a post-apocalyptic Africa. Go and pledge some munnies if you haven’t already!
Yip, you read that right. One of the most exciting shooters I’ve played in years, recipient of our sexy Editors Choice award and the proud owner of an equally sexy score of 90, just got even better. id Software announced and released DOOM‘s 6.66 update yesterday, and it’s the most exciting one to date. The […]
Bethesda Softworks is turning out to be a surprisingly prolific source of Nintendo Switch games, announcing versions of both Doom and Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus for the portable/not-so-portable hybrid console thing. That means frantic demon slaying and Nazi decapitations will be joining the eagerly awaited orc-in-progress Skyrim, which lands on 17 November. The publisher […]
I generally find the game selections for Nintendo machines a bit too twee and family-friendly for my tastes. So why then did I buy a Nintendo Switch? Well, it was largely for the promise of upcoming games. And also because I had a good chunk of spare cash following an unexpectedly large tax rebate… and […]